If this site was useful to you, we'd be happy for a small donation. Be sure to enter "MLA donation" in the Comments box.
Miller, Treva Elnora Beachy (1946-1966)
Mennonite Weekly Review obituary: 1966 Mar 17 p. 3
Birth date: 1946
text of obituary:
Young Amish Couple Found Dead; Poisoning Blamed
Lagrange, Ind. — Carbon monoxide fumes, apparently from a faulty gas refrigerator, caused the deaths of a young Amish couple of the Shipshewana community, according to tests by the state toxologist [sic].
Earlier, the deaths had been attributed to food poisoning.
The bodies of Vernon L. Miller, 22, and his wife Treva Elnora (Beachy) Miller, 20, were found Feb. 28 in their bed at a farm home east of Shipshewana which they shared with his brother, Alva Miller and family.
The couple was married Oct. 28, 1965, and Mr. Miller only recently completed his 1-W service at Norman Beatty Memorial Hospital.
The couple had reportedly been ill for several days, and on Saturday had consulted a doctor in Lagrange who treated them for flu symptoms.
Funeral services were conducted March 3 at the Dan P. Bontrager home. Mr. Miller was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Levi Miller of Topeka, and his wife's parents are Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Beachy of Topeka.